Get inspired by these 18 powerful and uplifting inspirational memes about change that’ll transform your outlook on life!
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, read our disclosure policy.
Inspirational life change memes – and why you’re really here
Let’s be honest.
You’re here, looking for inspirational memes about change because you need to make a change.
You don’t actually want to change, but you have to. You don’t have a choice.
Or maybe your life already has changed. Maybe you’re going through a divorce. Your child has gone off to college, leaving you by yourself. Or maybe you got laid off and now have to find work or start your own business – five years earlier than planned.
Big life changes are scary, even when you expect them.
When they blindside you on a Tuesday evening, right before you go to bed? They can be downright terrifying.
Which is pretty much why I published this in 2019. Life had hit me with one too many curveballs, and when I couldn’t dredge the faintest spark of hope within, it was the words below that assured me everything will be okay.
And they were right.
So, if you’re facing a major life change right now, may these words soothe and comfort you – and help you reach the point where you can view change as a pretty exciting adventure.
Change, according to the inimitable Christie Marie Sheldon, is a doozy of a cross-purpose. Most of us say that we’re ready for change, that we accept and actually want change but really don’t if we take a look at our actions and decisions.
And while it’s not wrong, it’s often not in our best interest.
A personal example, I keep saying I want to go to sleep by 10 pm. Every day I say this. I am so ready for this change to happen because I have too many things going on, and I feel that waking up early would be really helpful.
What do I do?
9 PM, I have dinner. 10 PM I sit in front of my laptop and work. By 1 AM, I drag my tired self and get into bed, where I turn my phone on and play a game for an hour or so and then turn on an energy-clearing session with Christie Marie Sheldon as I drift off to sleep.
Do I know about sleep hygiene? Oh, yes.
Then why do I not do it? It’s easy to do, after all.
To quote Jim Rohn, “Because it’s also easy not to do.”
That’s the major cross-purpose I’m working on now, and I’m getting better because last night, I did sleep 30 minutes earlier than usual so…win!
Okay, let’s get on with it.
18 Inspirational memes about change
1. Mandy Hale: “Change can be scary but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving and progressing.”
2. Timber Hawkeye: “Don’t let the concept of change scare you as much as the prospect of remaining unhappy.”
3. Socrates: “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on tearing the old but on building the new.”
4. Anon: “In the waves of change, we find our true direction.”
5. John C. Maxwell: “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
6. S.C. Lourie: “Just for the record, darling, not all positive change, feels positive in the beginning.”
7. Meister Eckhart: “And suddenly you know: it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.”
8. Paulo Coelho: “If you’re brave enough to say good-bye, life will reward you with a new hello.”
9. Joseph Campbell: “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.”
10. Angela Davis: “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am now changing the things I cannot accept.”
11. Wayne Dyer: “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change.”
12. Roman Price: “If you’re searching for the one person who will change your life, look in the mirror.”
13. Harriett Tubman: “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion you need to reach for the stars, to change the world.”
14. Steve Jobs: “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.”
15. John F. Kennedy: “The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask why not.”
16. Oprah Winfrey: “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.”
17. Jim Rohn: “For things to change, you have to change. For things to get better, you have to get better. For things to improve, you have to improve. When you grow, everything in your life grows with you.”
18. Roy T. Bennett: “If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
Final thoughts on change
To recap, change can be big and change can be small, but in the end, they all start with you making a choice to change something and then taking action.
So, if you want or need to change something in your life or the world around you, these are the things you need to do:
- Dream big dreams but remember the importance of taking baby steps in your quest to achieve them.
- Believe in yourself and in your own skills and abilities to direct your own life and live it the way you want to.
- When doubt and fear strike, remember that you have within you everything you will ever need to get what you want and if you don’t, you can always learn the skill, get the connection, earn the money and obtain whatever it is that is required.
- Edge out of your comfort zone.
- Shore up all the courage you have and break out of your cocoon.
- Face your fears as they come and face them head-on. Neale Donald Walsch once wrote that “what you look at disappears. What you resist persists.”
- Make one change to your daily routine and build on that until it starts a massive wave that can no longer be ignored.
Eventually, you’ll be looking at your life and marvelling at how far you’ve come.
And do let me know once you get there!
Note: The information on this website is for general information only, and is not a substitute for medical, financial, or legal advice. You, or anyone you are concerned about, are encouraged to seek independent medical, legal, financial, taxation or other advice to check how the website information relates to your unique circumstances. If you or the person you are concerned about appear at risk of self-harm or harm to others, please seek immediate professional assistance.