So, inspirational memes about change. The main goal of this post is to soothe and comfort anyone who’s facing a major life change just now – either willingly or not and help you realise that change can be a pretty exciting adventure.
Change, according to the inimitable Christie Marie Sheldon, is a doozy of a cross-purpose. Most people say that they are ready for change, that they accept and actually want change but really don’t if you take a look at their actions and decisions.
That’s not a judgement by the way. It’s not wrong. It just might not be in your best interest.
A personal example, I keep saying I want to go to sleep earlier – like before midnight at least. Preferably by 10 pm. Every day I say this. I am so ready for this change to happen because I have too many things going on and I feel that waking up early would be really helpful.
What do I do?
9 PM, I have dinner. 10 PM I sit in front of my laptop and work. By 1 AM, I drag my tired self and get into bed, where I turn my phone on and play a game for an hour or so and then turn on an energy clearing session with Christie Marie Sheldon as I drift off to sleep.
Do I know about sleep hygiene? Oh, yes. I know everything there is to know about it.
Then why do I not do it? It’s easy to do, after all.
To quote Jim Rohn, “Because it’s also easy not to do.”
That’s the major cross-purpose I’m working on now and I’m getting better because last night, I did sleep 30 minutes earlier than usual so…win!
Side Note: The idea that I should publish these inspirational memes about change came to me quite suddenly just as I was drifting off to sleep. Muttering about the inconvenience of these flashes of ideas (generally good ideas but with totally inconvenient timing), I threw off the covers, crawled out of bed and navigated my way to my office Solid Snake-style sans the night vision goggles.
I wrote this down on my bullet journal and finally managed to sleep – at about 3 in the morning.
You might think it could’ve waited in the morning but trust me, if I hadn’t written down right that second, I’d have been lying there wide awake for longer than I did. My mind would keep turning the idea over and over in my head.
Either that or I’d be kicking myself this morning because I’d have forgotten my great idea and it would’ve slipped from my mind.
Another Side Note: If you want or need some inspiration or really good ideas, you don’t need to get your pet to knock your head off with a rock, like Guy. You just need to be receptive to getting it. Set an intention before you go to sleep that you will have all the inspiration you need to (*insert ultimate goal here: get more money, meet the person of your dreams, get your dream job etc*).
Okay, enough side notes. Let’s get on with it.
15 Inspirational memes about change
1. Mandy Hale: “Change can be scary but you know what’s scarier? Allowing fear to stop you from growing, evolving and progressing.”
2. Timber Hawkeye: “Don’t let the concept of change scare you as much as the prospect of remaining unhappy.”
3. Socrates: “The secret of change is to focus all your energy not on tearing the old but on building the new.”
4. Anon: “In the waves of change, we find our true direction.”
5. John C. Maxwell: “You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
6. S.C. Lourie: “Just for the record, darling, not all positive change, feels positive in the beginning.”
7. Meister Eckhart: “And suddenly you know: it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.”
8. Paulo Coelho: “If you’re brave enough to say good-bye, life will reward you with a new hello.”
9. Joseph Campbell: “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.”
10. Angela Davis: “I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am now changing the things I cannot accept.”
11. Wayne Dyer: “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at will change.”
12. Roman Price: “If you’re searching for the one person who will change your life, look in the mirror.”
13. Harriett Tubman: “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion you need to reach for the stars, to change the world.”
14. Steve Jobs: “The ones who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones that do.”
15. John F. Kennedy: “The problems of the world cannot possibly be solved by skeptics or cynics whose horizons are limited by the obvious realities. We need men who can dream of things that never were and ask why not.”
To recap, change can be big and change can be small, but in the end, they all start with you making a choice to change something and then taking action.
So, if you want to change something in your life or the world around you, these are the things you need to do:
Dream big dreams but remember the importance of taking baby steps in your quest to achieve them.
Believe in yourself and in your own skills and abilities to direct your own life and live it the way you want to.
When doubt and fear strike, remember that you have within you everything you will ever need to get what you want and if you don’t, you can always learn the skill, get the connection, earn the money and obtain whatever it is that is required.
Start by edging out of your comfort zone.
Shore up all the courage you have and break out of your cocoon.
Face your fears as they come and face them head-on. Neale Donald Walsch once wrote that “what you look at disappears. What you resist persists.”
Finally, make one change to your daily routine and build on that until it starts a massive wave that can no longer be ignored.
Eventually, you’ll be looking at your life and marvelling at how far you’ve come.
And do let me know once you get there!