Attract more positive energy into your love life by using a set of love affirmations!
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, read our disclosure policy.
This article lists 100+ love affirmations free for you to use and add to your daily routine!
Erynn Ortañez is a psychology student with a penchant for writing about personal development, mental health and productivity. She utilizes her experiences and motivations to produce readworthy content.
Love. The game that everyone likes to play. Some win, but others lose.
Love is around us, whether we love love or not. And, we all have our own goal when it comes to love.
Maybe you want to strengthen your love for someone or vice versa. Or perhaps you’re simply looking for love from someone else. Or maybe you’re looking for love within yourself.
Whatever your intentions are, there’s definitely a love affirmation you can use to get it. Using love affirmations is a great way to attract more positive energy in your love life.
What exactly are love affirmations?
Love affirmations are statements you make to attract love into your life. You say these words out loud and bring your dream life into reality. In other words, love affirmations are a form of manifestation.
Words hold so much more power than we actually think. They have a lot of impact, negative or positive.
So, remember to choose your words carefully.
Using these is a form of taking control, it allows you to take matters into your own hands. You get to decide your own future and success.
And it doesn’t cost anything either.
Side Note: Did you know that love affirmations have been around for a long time?
History fun fact!
Many consider French psychologist and pharmacist, Emile Coue as the “father of affirmations.” Dating back to the early 20th century, Coue noticed how much better the results of his potions were when he told his patient its effect compared to not saying anything at all.
The benefits: Why should you use love affirmations?
If you think using love affirmations is more woo-woo, perhaps it’s time to put this to the test yourself.
Anyone can use love affirmations to their advantage. With the right mindset, you’ll be able to attract the positive energy surrounding your goal. Affirmations are meant to be used for the greater good, and not to cause burden on someone else.
You just need to choose which problem you want to tackle and get clear on why you want to solve it.
And the words will come.
Concerned that you’re not doing it right? Never used affirmations before?
Don’t worry and just keep reading.
We’ll give you the exact steps on how to do this later on in the post. In the meantime, here are the benefits of using love affirmations.
It builds your self-esteem and confidence.
When you say your affirmations with feeling, you invoke your own power.
Yes, it’s important that you have enough confidence to be able to say the words out loud and believe that you’re capable of achieving what you just said.
You need to have confidence in order for these love affirmations to work.
But at the same time, the words are an invocation. They call to your own self-esteem and make you feel more confident.
It’s a truly positive cycle.
It helps you show the people around you how to treat you right.
Sometimes, people use you to their advantage in the name of love. They will say that if you truly loved them or if you want them to love you back, you’ll do something for them.
You might feel that you have no choice and that you need to do whatever they ask of you to be worthy of love.
That’s not true.
You must set your boundaries and stand by them because these will show the people around you how to treat you right.
If someone unintentionally crosses the line, you need to let them know that what they did wasn’t okay.
This doesn’t mean picking a fight or arguing with people all the time. It means knowing that you don’t have to engage, if you don’t want to. You can walk away from other people’s anger, malice and desire to hurt.
You can simply say, “You don’t have the right to treat me this way. I deserve better than this.”
Setting your boundaries makes you more in tune with yourself. Knowing yourself better will bring you better opportunities since you know what works for you and what doesn’t.
And once you know that, you attract the kind of love you deserve in your life. And nothing less.
Love is a magnet = Love attracts love
Let’s be honest, have you ever found a negative Nancy attractive?
No, of course not. Who wants to be with a Mr. Doom and Gloom all the time?
Positive people, on the other other hand, are a joy to be with.
Being happy, grateful, optimistic and loving often means you generate positive vibes and the people around you feel it. They’re more inclined to be with you andspend time with you.
How do you become more joyful, grateful, optimistic and loving?
One way to do that is by using love affirmations with positive intentions.
How to phrase your affirmations, so your brain doesn’t laugh at you.
Now that you’ve got some knowledge of love affirmations, you’re probably thinking, “How do I do it?”
How do I use love affirmations in my life?
Well, learning how to do love affirmations is actually pretty simple. But before you dive deep into the practice itself, you need to know the secret to manifesting what you’re affirming.
Sometimes, people say that even though they’ve been doing affirmations, they aren’t getting any results. One reason behind this is that there is an issue with the believability of these love affirmations.
Let’s face it, if you tell yourself right at this very moment, “I am a multimillionaire,” while knowing that you’ve got $10 in the bank, you’re in a minimum wage job and you’ve got $150,000 in debt, your brain is probably gonna be like, “Yeah, you’re delusional!”
It’s a tough sell.
And if your brain is laughing at the affirmations you’re saying, it’s acting like your worst enemy. It’s going against what you want to happen because for an affirmation to be successful, your brain must believe it.
So, what to do?
Take baby steps.
Maybe being a multimillionaire is too far a stretch for you right now. Maybe it’s just too much to believe in – your brain just isn’t buying it.
But, it might believe this:
““I am earning $30 per hour and have enough money to live comfortably, pay off my debt and save $100 a month.”
Maybe you just got your heart broken by a liar and a cheat, so you can’t quite believe in soulmates. You could instead say, “I am exuding happiness and love around me and attract like-minded people who become loyal friends.”
See what I mean?
The beauty of these affirmations is that you can follow a set of phrases, but you can also customize them to your liking.
So, take a look at the statements on this post and adapt to your situation.
Now, how to do affirmations?
This article isn’t going to push you to start chanting phrases in the middle of the day (but you could, if you wanted to).
What it will do is give you an idea of the kind of self-talk you should be indulging in and how to do affirmations effectively. Because really, affirmations are a kind of self-talk.
How do you speak to yourself? Do you talk to yourself kindly and gently? Or do you criticize and tear yourself down?
Step 1: Figure out how you talk to yourself. Affirmations need to be positive and loving. You say, “I am attracting the love of my life.” You don’t say, “I don’t attract liars and cheaters.”
Step 2: Choose when and where you’re going to do affirmations. Upon waking up? Before going to sleep? Both? Do you say your affirmation out loud or in your mind? Do you do this on your own or with family and friends?
Step 3: Decide what reality you’re creating. Are you focusing on becoming a more loving person? On attracting a life partner? On creating a more loving marriage?
Step 4: Start your affirmations with “I am”. It makes the affirmation more powerful because it subconsciously programs your brain into thinking that you’re giving it an order.
Some prefer to speak their affirmations in future tense, but saying it in present tense has much more impact. It encourages you to accept that the affirmations are true as of the very moment.
Step 5: Keep reciting your affirmation until the love you’re imagining has come true.
Step 6: Rinse and repeat.
What are the 7 affirmations you need to tell yourself every day?
Before you devote energy towards someone else, you must devote energy to yourself.
In this section, we have seven daily positive affirmations that I highly recommend you use because it can elevate your mood and brighten up your day.
They’re so effective that they can shift your mindset so that you are more loving to yourself,and you then become more loving to others. This, in turn, attracts genuinely loving people and relationships to you.
Here are the seven affirmations you need to use (just remember that the sky’s the limit, and you can create your own or find more inspiration from the list below):
- I love myself.
- I love my body.
- I am one big ball of positivity.
- I can manage my emotions well.
- I am content with myself.
- I am powerful enough to dictate my future.
- I am going to be successful today.
Try reciting these affirmations first thing in the morning. This works even better if you’re looking at yourself in the mirror as if you’re having a conversation with yourself.
Breathe deeply and relax your shoulders. Did you notice how much better you feel? Love affirmations, when combined with deep breathing and intentional muscle relaxation, can ease tension and relieve you of any unnecessary stress you’re holding on to.
Do affirmations work for relationships?
Yes, affirmations work for relationships, both with yourself and with other people.
You can create love affirmations for your self-growth or you can recite affirmations tohelp sustain or even improve your relationships with others (like a spouse or a child).
What are the most powerful affirmations?
There is no affirmation that is universally more powerful than “I am.” That’s why it’s important that your statement of love and power start the same way.
But often, you want something a bit more specific than “I am,” and in this case, the more powerful affirmations are those that resonate with you the most.
Again, you need to be able to believe in what you’re saying. You may think that affirmations don’t work, but it could just be that you haven’t found a statement you can really get behind.
If you follow the steps we talked about in a previous section and the tips scattered in this post, then, any affirmation you speak into existence will be powerful enough for you.
Examples of love affirmations
Ready to bring more love into your life? Here are 100 effective examples of love affirmations you can use!
Love affirmations for a relationship: When you want to be more loving and lovable
The following are love affirmations you can use to attract the kind of relationship you deserve:
- I am deserving of love.
- I am a love magnet.
- I am surrounded by love.
- I am confident in what I look for in a partner.
- I am ready to share and receive love.
- I am open for a relationship that brings positive experiences.
- I am attractive enough.
- I am loved.
- My dream relationship will become a reality.
- I deserve a good partner in my life.
Love affirmations for a specific person: You know the one
These love affirmations can be used towards a specific person in your life. It can be someone you admire, someone you want to be in a relationship with, or someone you already are in a relationship with (like a lover, partner or spouse).
- (name of person) is deeply in love with me.
- I love (name of person) and they love me back.
- (Name of person) is comfortable around me.
- I am grateful for (name of person)’s presence in my life.
- I am (name of person)’s priority.
- (Name of person) wants to spend the rest of their life with me.
- (Name of person) is affectionate with me.
- (Name of person) only has eyes for me.
- (Name of person) cares about me.
- (Name of person) cherishes and adores me.
Side Note: It’s easier to manifest something for you than it is to manifest something for another. In other words, it’s easier to create love in you for another person than it is to create love in another person for you.
Love affirmations to attract your soulmate: How can I manifest my love fast?
We all have our soulmate, someone you have a strong connection with. You have this feeling that they’re meant to be in your life.
Finding your soulmate may not be an easy path, but using the right affirmations can bring them closer to you.
- I trust the Universe to give me my perfect match.
- My positive energy will attract my soulmate.
- I have an inseparable bond with my soulmate.
- I am in the right place and time to attract my soulmate.
- I am grateful for the presence of my soulmate.
- The more I love myself, the more I attract my soulmate.
- I attract the love I deserve.
- I am allowed to have a healthy relationship with my soulmate.
- My soulmate and I attract each other.
- I am ready to meet my soulmate.
Love affirmation for couples
Whether you’re currently in a relationship and encountering some problems or just looking to strengthen your relationship with your partner, love affirmations are the perfect tool to use!
You can practice the following love affirmations below, and even encourage your partner to do it too, to maximize its effectiveness.
Affirmations for a healthy relationship
We all want healthy relationships, right? Being in a healthy relationship takes work, but it’s very fulfilling in the long run. Everyone deserves to be in one.
Although no relationship is perfect, having a safe and healthy environment for you and your partner will sustain the bond you have.
- I am in a happy and healthy relationship.
- My partner and I are problem fixers.
- I am content in my relationship.
- I am productive with my partner.
- My relationship brings out the best in me.
- I am in a relationship that allows me to grow.
- I accept that there are things I cannot control in the relationship.
- My partner is respectful and mature.
- I am respectful towards my partner.
- I am able to communicate my wants and needs clearly.
Affirmations for trust in a relationship
There has to be trust in every relationship, otherwise what’s the point in staying? Being able to trust your partner and vice versa will decrease any insecurities and unwanted arguments.
It will be the bedrock of your relationship.
Sometimes, it’s understandable if you don’t trust your partner completely. We all come with baggage.
But often,you need to be able to face these issues if you want to stay with your partner and actually create a loving relationship that’s beneficial to both parties.
Your partner can help with your issues, but at the end of the day, only you have the power to completely solve them.
Having a set of affirmations for building back your trust is extremely helpful. This can also remove the burden your partner may be facing. After all, it’s not easy to fix a person.
- I have a trustworthy partner.
- My partner and I completely trust each other.
- I completely let go of any insecurity I hold.
- I am in an honest relationship.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I am confident that my partner isn’t hiding anything from me.
- I believe in my partner.
- I am grateful my partner makes good choices.
- My trust for my partner grows every day.
- I am able to trust my partner easily.
Affirmations to improve a relationship
Each relationship has its ups and downs. Depending on the situation, some relationships can still be fixed.
That said, remember that using these affirmations with your partner doesn’t automatically mean that all your relationship problems will be solved.
But, this can help change your mindset and shift it towards something more positive and productive. This then allows you both to come to a solution.
- I am at peace in my relationship.
- My partner and I are peacemakers.
- My relationship emits positive energy.
- I am in a loving and lasting relationship.
- I am in a relationship that improves every day.
- My partner and I pick our battles carefully.
- I love my partner for the way they are.
- My partner and I respect each other.
- My partner and I continue to improve every day.
- I bring peace to my partner.
Affirmations for love and marriage
These are simple affirmations you and your spouse can use to strengthen your marriage:
- I am in a long-lasting marriage.
- I love my spouse and my spouse loves me.
- I am an amazing spouse.
- I am grateful to be married to my spouse.
- I am thankful to share my life with my spouse.
- I am fully connected with my spouse.
- My spouse and I love each other and continue to find joy in each other.
- I am happy that I am in a relationship with my spouse.
- We give each other the love we deserve.
- I am married to my true life partner.
Affirmations to rebuild a marriage
Rebuilding a marriage after experiencing some turbulence will take time and effort. Use these affirmations to help you repair your marriage.
If possible, ask your spouse to do the same!
- I am considerate of my spouse’s feelings.
- I am forgiving of my spouse’s mistakes.
- I love my spouse no matter what.
- My spouse and I will overcome any challenges.
- Our love for each other is strong enough to rebuild our marriage.
- I am learning to trust myself and my spouse.
- I am worthy of my spouse’s trust.
- I forgive myself for my mistakes that damaged my marriage.
- I am actively repairing my marriage.
- I am fully committed to a happy and healed relationship with my spouse.
Love affirmations for him and her
- I am able to make her happy.
- My partner is beautiful inside and out.
- I am confident to share the rest of my life with her.
- I am not afraid to be vulnerable around my partner.
- I can freely express my emotions to my partner.
- I am lucky to be with a woman like her.
- I am able to communicate with my partner effectively.
- I am secure enough in this relationship.
- I am proud of my partner, and he is proud of me.
- I am understanding of my partner’s struggles.
Self love affirmations
Self love is important. You need to be able to learn how to love yourself before loving someone else.
Loving yourself first puts your priorities into place. You wouldn’t waste any of your time with wrong people since you know what you deserve.
Some people are afraid of loving themselves, or are ashamed to love themselves for the fear of appearing ‘egotistic’. But the truth is, there’s nothing wrong with giving yourself some love!
After all, the most important relationship you have is with yourself.
- I have a lot of opportunities ahead of me.
- I am proud of myself.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I am always the best version of myself.
- I am infinite.
- I allow myself to be human.
- I am strong enough.
- I am secure with my own thoughts.
- I have a purpose and I am living my life according to this purpose.
- I can easily love myself.
Affirmations to never give up
Feeling like you can’t do anything right just sucks. It can be discouraging, I feel you.
Practice some affirmations to uplift your spirits and to inspire you to keep pushing forward.
- I am continuously changing for the better.
- I am full of hope.
- I choose to stay positive.
- I am always in my element.
- With my determination, I can accomplish anything.
- I release all negativity.
- I am headed in the right direction.
- I am always at my 100%.
- I have an abundant amount of determination.
- I am grateful to be alive.
Inspirational quotes you can use to bring love to your life fast
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz
- “Love does not dominate; it cultivates.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Love is not something you feel, it is something you do.” – David Wilkerson
- “Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning… Anyone can start over and make a new ending.” – Chico Xavier
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda
“I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “The right man for you will move mountains to be with you. He won’t hide behind them”. – Mandy Hale
- “It doesn’t interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive…It doesn’t interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.” – Oriah Mountain Dreamer
- “When I say I love you more, I don’t mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most.” – Unknown
- “You make me want to be a better man.” – Melvin Udall
- “I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
Using love affirmations is a great way to change your mindset and to reevaluate and rewire your thinking. It’s simple to do and costs zero dollars. Now, that’s a cheap way of changing your life for the better!
You can also encourage your friends and family to use affirmations as well, creating a bond over it.
Remember to have fun with the process and watch it gradually improve your life.