If you’re looking for something to pick you up and make you smile, check out this list of the best motivational quotes of all time.
Disclaimer: Posts may contain affiliate links. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, read our disclosure policy.
Discover 25 of the best motivational quotes of all time.
So, I had this fab idea hit me out of nowhere at the start of the week.
Funny how idea after idea has been coming to me in short, sharp bursts. Soon, I’ll need to write about the process that makes this possible. I wasn’t always an idea-generating machine and it feels amazing to be in control of my life once again.
Come August, this particularly fab idea will become public but until then, it’s my little secret.
Now, what’s that got to do with the topic at hand?
Well, it involves a lot of reaching out to people – a lot of networking. Something I’ve never been good at.
I don’t take rejection very well.
Some people hear a “no” and just shrug their shoulders and go on their merry way.
I have a tendency to wallow in self-pity. What’s wrong with me? Why don’t they want to work with me? Am I doing something wrong?
You know how it goes, I’m sure.
So, I personally need motivation and inspiration. A lot of them.
And sometimes, I need a reminder on how to motivate and inspire myself.
Disclaimer: The information contained in this post in particular and in this blog, in general, is not intended to replace medical advice. If you have or believe that you have mental health conditions, please see a medical professional.
Best Motivational Quotes of All Time
There are many ways to motivate yourself and you have to find what works best for you.
Personally, I love words. I wouldn’t be a blogger otherwise.
So, words to me really have power.
Hence, the best motivational quotes of all time.
I absolutely love them and hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
1. “When you know what you want, and you want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.”
2. “Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.”
3. “If you learn to set a good sail, the wind that blows will always take you to the dreams you want, the income you want, and the treasures of mind, purse, and soul you want.”
4. “It is not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts.”
5. “The major key to your better future is you!”
1. “If you pay attention consciously to what’s going on inside you, on what are you thinking, you can actually change your world.”
2. “Play is an expression of who you are. You are every ounce of your energy and you move it through your body by being the highest vibrations of joy and from loving life. The benefit to you is that if you act like you’re having fun for long enough and you let that energy run through your body, you’re awakening the magnificence and abundance within.”
3. “The thing with manifesting is that you have to be willing to be present and you have to ask for things to show up.”
4. “Cultivate your confidence, grow your power, become the amazing gift that you are to yourself and share it with the world.”
5. “There is no request that is too big or too small.”
1. “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
2. “Our job is not to figure out the ‘how’. The ‘how’ will show up out of our commitment and belief in the ‘what’.”
3. “People who ask confidently get more than those who are hesitant and uncertain. When you’ve figured out what you want to ask for, do it with certainty, boldness and confidence.”
4. “You don’t have to get it perfect, you just have to get it going. Babies don’t walk the first time they try, but eventually, they get it right”
5. “Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you. And then close your eyes and every day for several minutes, and visualize having what you already want, feeling the feelings of already having it. Come out of that and focus on what you’re grateful for already, and really enjoy it. Then go into your day and release it to the Universe and trust that the Universe will figure out how to manifest it.”
1. “You deserve to be happy. You deserve to be joyful. You deserve to be celebrated. But in order to do that, you must first fall madly in love with yourself.”
2. “Your job is to let your light shine brightly.”
3. “Fear is not meant to stop you, it’s meant to wake you up, to keep you up at night preparing and prepping for your goals.”
4. “Everyone is inherently worthy of value. Nothing that you do or that happens in life can qualify your greatness. It’s your birthright to feel free and to express yourself joyfully. You have a right to be happy. You have a right to feel love. You have a right to have mad, passionate love for, not only yourself but for others.”
5. “No longer will I dim my light so that others won’t feel insecure in my presence. No longer will I dim my light to make sure I’m acceptable. No longer will I dim my light for fear of other people’s perception of me. Today, I embrace, I get who I am. And I own who I am. And I realise that dimming my light does not serve the planet.”
1. “Mediocrity always attacks excellence.”
2. “Fall forward, in your failing, and rise up with a soul on fire!”
3. “You can start with nothing. and out of nothing and out of no way, a way will be made.”
4. “I believe that you’re great, that there’s something magnificent about you. Regardless of what has happened to you in your life, regardless of how young or how old you think you might be, the moment you begin to think properly, there’s something that is within you, there’s power within you, that’s greater than the world. It will begin to emerge. It will take over your life. It will feed you. It will clothe you. It will guide you, protect you, direct you, sustain your very existence, if you let it. Now, that is what I know for sure.”
5. “There is a lie that acts like a virus within the mind of humanity. And that lie is, ‘There’s not enough good to go around. There’s lack and there’s limitation and there’s just not enough.’
The truth is that there’s more than enough good to go around. There is more than enough creative ideas. There is more than enough power. There is more than enough love. There’s more than enough joy. All of this begins to come through a mind that is aware of its own infinite nature.
There is enough for everyone. If you believe it, if you can see it, if you act from it, it will show up for you. That’s the truth.”
Whenever I encounter an obstacle or anything challenging, I come back to these people and read these words again and until I feel my energy – and my faith in myself – rise and expand.
Happiness and hope for a positive future bubble up and I say the mantra that I learned from Christie Marie Sheldon, “I am unstoppable. I will do whatever it takes to _____.”
What do you do when you need to motivate yourself?
Pop them in the comments below. We’d love to hear from you!